Formatmag.com Presents 50 Signs That You’re Obsessed with Sneakers:
1. When you realized Formatmag.com dropped their annual sneaker issue in September, you put on your best kicks before reading it.
2. Vacations are just a chance to visit different citiesâ€™ shoe stores.
3. You have developed a style of walking that neither creases the toe nor flexes the body of the shoe.
4. You know who Tinker Hatfield is.
5. Youâ€™ve lined up (or camped out) for shoes.
6. You vividly remember each and every shoe regret (a pair you didnâ€™t cop when you had the chance).
7. You keep the box of every pair you buy â€“ as well as the crinkled tissue-paper wadding inside the shoes.
8. You love Air Force 1’s and Dunks.
9. You hate how played Air Force 1’s and Dunks have become.
10. Youâ€™re into kicks that arenâ€™t Nikes (and you must be a lonely dude in the game).
11. Youâ€™re mad when they never release the colorway you want.
12. You then create the colorway in Photoshop and post it on NT.
13. You have a Jumpman tattoo.
14. You wish you had a Jumpman tattoo.
15. You have the And 1 man tattoo (oops, that just means youâ€™re in the NBA â€“ or really, really wish you were).
16. Youâ€™ve got a pair of kicks you ainâ€™t see nobody rock, not online or eBay or the streets.
17. You dislike a particular basketball player based solely on his shoes.
18. Based solely on design, you cop the signature shoes of a player you dislike immensely (VC, anyone?).
19. Youâ€™ve driven over 200 miles to cop a pair, and you donâ€™t even own a car.
20. You remember your first sneaker as fondly as your first girlfriend (maybe moreso).
21. On more than one occasion, you’ve had people (girlfriends, family, friends) cop a pair on release-date because you were otherwise entangled (like working at your job).
22. You must lace up your kicks yourself, even if they come pre-laced.
23. Your shoes must be included in any picture you’re in
24. You chat with the peeps on NT more than your girlfriend.
25. Your 9-to-5 at your 9-to-5 is eBay.
26. You make Top Sneakers of the Year lists (like this one).
27. You know the two non-Jordans Mike wore in the NBA (Air Ships & Air Flight Ones).
28. Moms bought you skips growing up, and years later, youâ€™re getting your revenge.
29. You know who Bruce Kilgore is.
30. You buy doubles.
31. You canâ€™t afford to, but you buy doubles anyway
32. You saw Space Jam in the theatre (word to Bill Murray rocking J2s pre-retro, as well as Terminators in a Gatorade commercial, also pre-retro).
33. You hate when Nike puts out cheap versions of nice joints (Zoom Kobes vs. Zoom Legends, Hurache 2K5s vs. Total Package, More Uptempo vs. Much Uptempo, etc.).
34. You have over 20 pairs of the same model in different colorways.
35. You buy clothes based on how they coordinate with your kicks.
36. You keep saying â€œthis is the last pairâ€¦â€ knowing full-well it ainâ€™t.
37. You not only clean your sneakers regularly, you also have a tool kit (toothbrush, suede brush, sole brush, shoe-cleaner, etc.).
38. There are kicks you havenâ€™t wore in years â€“ because you just canâ€™t find them amongst all the shoe boxes.
39. You know what kicks youâ€™d like to be buried in.
40. You buy more than doubles.
41. You buy kicks that arenâ€™t your size â€“ and not necessarily to resell.
42. You buy your girlfriend nice kicks in a lame attempt to get her into the game (which doesnâ€™t often work).
43. You call it â€œthe game.â€
44. You hate when Nike (or whoever) puts out a re-issue of a sneaker that you own the original of.
45. Youâ€™ve signed an online petition to bring a particular model back into production.
46. You know that Mike Bibby wore Foamposite Ones in the NCAA â€™97 championship game, and Khalid El-Amin wore Flightposite Ones in the NCAA â€™00 championship game.
47. Youâ€™ve asked someone on the street â€œwhereâ€™d you get those?â€
48. Someone on the street has asked you â€œwhereâ€™d you get those?â€
49. You actually believe wearing _________s make you a better basketball player (hey, 90% of the game is mental â€“ but not the sneaker game; 90% of that is dollars)
50. Your calendar is marked with release dates, not holidays.
51. You have sneakers on your wallpaper (if you don’t, find them here).